How to Do Google Ads, a Step-By-Step Process
Using Google Ads is a great way for businesses of any size to get in front of a qualified audience. Google drives 95% of all paid search ad clicks on mobile. Google Ads, formerly known as Google AdWords, is a powerful tool for brands to increase brand awareness, generate leads and drive conversions.
This blog will discuss:
- What is Google Ads?
- How can Google Ads help grow brands?
- How to do Google Ads (step-by-step tutorial)
What Is Google Ads and How Can It Help Grow My Brand?
There are two types of Google Ads: search and display.
The search network refers to pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. PPC is commonly described as paid search.
The display network, on the other hand, refers to the banner-style advertisements you see while browsing the web. These ads are different than the PPC ads you see in search results; you can see these ads on many websites regardless of the domain you’re on.
Targeting prospects through the display network is a great way to increase brand awareness and show off your design skills. Display ads also allow you to target highly qualified users and bring traffic to your website, helping you drive conversions while keeping your brand top of mind.
PPC ads in the search network, however, populate the search engine results page (SERP). When a user performs a search that includes a query related to your business, your ad will appear directly at or near the top of the SERP. These search network ads, just like display ads, help your brand stay top of mind among consumers who are already actively searching for keywords related to your business.
How to Do Google Ads
Visit Google Ads to get started on your paid search campaign. In this section, we’ll provide a step-by-step overview for how to do Google Ads – both display network ads and ads in the SERP.
How to do Google Ads:
- Create an account.
- Create a goal. You can only choose one goal. Goals help Google Ads determine your campaign settings.
- Create effective ads with location targeting. Ads are more effective the more relevant they are to your audience. Location targeting is a great way to ensure relevancy.
- Set your bid strategy and budget. Set how much you’re willing to spend. Set up automated bidding to let Google do the work in accordance with your goal.
- Make sure your ads show. Create ad groups of at least three unique ads that are optimized for a unique set of keywords to ensure Google understands for which keywords your ads should be served.
- Create ads. Make your ads as relevant as possible by being clear about what you’re promoting, writing with keywords in mind and making sure all the aspects of your ad are consistent.
- Add extensions. Extensions are free add-ons that enhance ads. Extensions could include a click-to-call button, extra links, an address or other extra information. They’re similar to service schema on organic search results.
- Stay engaged. Ads aren’t a set-it-and-forget-it type of campaign. Set up conversion tracking and monitor your campaign’s performance and adjust your campaign accordingly to maximize results.
What Is a Google Ad and How Can It Help Brands Grow?
Search engine marketing is the most effective acquisition tactic according to 85% of retailers. Trust the pros with this huge opportunity and consider our team of paid media strategists. At PointA, we understand Google Ads and specifically how small businesses can benefit from Google Ad campaigns. Get in touch with us today at 231.882.1100.
Subscribe to Our Blog
Subscribe to the PointA blog for more information. We'll send you newsletters, blog posts, tips and so much more from time to time.