3 Small Business Goals to Grow Your Business
It’s important to set benchmarks for success in the business world. Without goals, you won’t be able to make progress.
Not sure where to start? These three business goals are perfect for any emerging small business or local franchise owner:
- Create a brand identity
- Reduce operating costs
- Improve customer service
Keep reading to learn more about each of these goals. Keep in mind that PointA is experienced in all these areas and is available to help you at any step of the way.
1. Build a Solid Brand Identity
The success of a small business often relies on its ability to stand out from the crowd. A brand identity refers to the design, tone and voice that your business puts out into the world. By creating a unique, strong brand identity, your consumers will feel like they know your business on a personal level.
Some ways to build a brand identity include:
- Consistent communication. Decide on a couple of adjectives for your business that define its tone. Is your brand friendly? Authoritative? Funny? Once you’ve come up with a tone, stick to it.
- Consistent design. It’s important to be consistent wherever your brand interacts with users. Online, this includes social media, digital ads and more. Offline, this includes signage, brochures, business cards and anything else used to reach out to your audience. Make sure you’re using the same colors, fonts and aesthetics on every platform. That way, your brand is recognizable and will evoke a sense of familiarity and trust.
- Interact with your audience. Letting your audience communicate directly with you establishes trust – if you stay consistent with your brand’s voice, tone and design while you do it.
2. Reduce Operating Costs
Small businesses have a strict budget. By reducing ongoing costs, small business owners can free up extra dollars to keep them in the black or use to accomplish bigger goals.
Here are some of our tips on how you can reduce your costs:
- Go paperless. While this is a great step to take for the environment, it’s also a great way to save money. The cost of paper, printer ink and postage add up quickly.
- Review your budget regularly for line items that are no longer necessary or paying dividends. A working budget is a living document you should adjust according to your current situation. Life moves quickly, especially in the business world; so make sure your budget is up to date.
3. Improve Customer Service
Did you know that businesses are primarily competing on the grounds of customer experience in 2020? Make sure your customer experience exceeds expectations with these tips:
- Respond to every review. Negative and positive reviews alike! And take the time to send everyone a unique response. There’s nothing worse than seeing a brand copy and paste the same response after every review.
- Be friendly! This one’s a no-brainer. Show your customers how much you appreciate their business by being a pleasant influence on their day.
- Ask for feedback … and use it. Listen to your customers. If something’s going wrong, investigate it. If something’s going right, keep doing it. When you act on customer feedback, it shows respect for your customers and for your business.
- Train your employees. Every employee should receive basic ground rules regarding how to act around customers. Regularly check in with employees and customers alike to make sure your business’s customer experience is exceptional.
We’re in This Together
Consider choosing PointA as your marketing partner. We’re accustomed to working with small businesses and helping them build from the ground up.
Whether you’re looking to create a brand identity, increase efficiency or improve your customer experience, PointA has a team experienced in your industry. Contact us today and start making progress or give us a call at (231) 882-1100.
Subscribe to Our Blog
Subscribe to the PointA blog for more information. We’ll send you newsletters, blog posts, tips and so much more from time to time.